8439 Lee Blvd
Leawood, KS 66206
(913) 660-6918

On Nov 9, 2005, at 1:25 PM, Gary Lehmann wrote:

Yes, I bought one of these and they work well--but I'm not using mine, and
would be willing to sell it.
Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cox [mailto:dougcox@pdq.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: Synchronizing Real Time Drumming with a Prerecorded Loop was
Re: query 'real time live looping'

I haven't tried one of these, but it might be what you're looking for:

Seems like your drummer could either stomp or hit it occasionally to
establish tempo (and update the tempo).  Good luck with your work.

Dig

Dan Ash wrote:

both sides of the problem..........being the looper or responding
to  a loop that I can't control myself, live.

What about synching my looper to a tap-tempo controller that the
drummer manages?

I have been trying to configure a looping environment for myself and
an electronic percussionist who uses a VST sampler/loop playback
virtual instrument hosted by his recording software.  I have been
taking a sync signal out from the computer with some success, and my
Repeater loops stay in sync with his drum loops.  However I'm looking
for a solution that will allow us to take it outside the studio.

Syncing to the computer doesn't allow for tempo changes on the fly, so
I figured the logical extension would be to remove the computer and
substitute some sort of tap-tempo device.  It seems like I should be
able to let the drummer control the looper tempo (assuming they can
play to the tempo they establish themselves).  Anyone tried this in
practice?  What would be a good tap-tempo device so the drummer could
provide the MIDI sync output?

A secondary consideration - I'd like to avoid using headphones...

Thanks,
Dan Ash
White Plains, NY