Re: EDP Insert: Overdub, too?

a k butler wrote:

>>> it doesn't have to be a dummy jack, you can use a feedback pedal for
>>> real.
>>>
>>> Makes sense really, because without a pedal, the feedback knob
>>> controls ordinary feedback.
>>

>> Any special parameter settings I should be looking for to get this,
>> since I do have a feedback pedal for real inserted to EDP's rear
>> panel, and I didn't seem to have any difference in Insert: it always
>> replace, not added (overdubbed)?  Super effect, but the overdubbing
>> of concise bits would be cool, too.
>>
>> I'll list some params I have currently set:
>

> InsertMode to Sub
> (because rPL isn't substitute ;-)
>

> Loop/Delay should set to Stu or rPL
>
> either will make Subst work as O/D when feedback knob is full up.
>
> Now decide
> Stu only changes the way Insert works, so as you've got insertMode
> =Sub that's
>       probably the best for you.
>
> andy butler

Thanks, this looks very good.  I'm using Loop=Stu right now, with
feedback knob all the way to the right, and can Insert with O/D like you
say.  Nice for some "additive fun" (or, should I say "addictive?")!

When changing parameters, I get a little spooked about "not being able
to get back" to what I was familiar/comfortable with (though I've got it
written down).   And, since Stu only changes the way Insert works, I
won't have to worry about finding the Ruby Slippers...

 .David.