Re: Signal routing question (& Soundcraft Compakt4)

It sounds sort of complicated--you've got two instruments being fed
into a laptop, and then you want to mix the results with a third
instrument and send that somewhere else.  Do you want any of the first
two instruments pre-looped signal sent to the engineer?

((Ch1 & Ch2-->stereo send-->soundcard-->stereo return)
+
Ch3)-->engineer

If you want non of the prelooped audio from Ch1 and Ch2 to be sent to
the engineer you'd want to mute the output of those two channels and
use a pre-fader send for the soundcard, and probably return the
soundcard to a stereo Ch4 and then send Ch3 and Ch4 to the engineer.

To monitor the Ch3 instrument without sending it to the sound card,
you need a stereo effects loop for the looped audio, and then a
separate set of outs (a routeable headphone mix, or a second stereo
send which could be routed to an external headphone amp).  I'm not
sure if you'll be able to find a very small mixer that allows all this
in one box.

TravisH