yes, DFX Re: It's that time again! 2005 Biennial Looper's Survey

"There was a DFX98 advertised, but a real life version never made it
to the stores."

Yes, Ernest, I remember waiting a whole year and bugging my local music
store ad nauseum. Lots of catalog stores were be glad to take orders for
what turned out to be a phantom product. I called DOD and they said they
were hot to build it but their corporate overlords at Harman pulled the
plug on the project after fanning the flames for all that time.
~Tim