Small laptop-based looping setup: case (slightly OT)

Dear loopers,

I'm thinking of assembling a small setup for my loop-based solo
ventures. As I do not want to drag huge amounts of stuff around when
travelling, the setup will be some like this:

  * centered around one rack, containing:
     * AD/DA interface (Behringer ADA8000)
     * laptop interface (RME digiface)
     * controller box (Behringer BCR2000 in drawer)
     * HD recorder (Fostex VR880)
  * a small DI (Behringer DI20) to be transported in the rack
  * laptop not to be transported in the rack, but to be put on top of
the rack during performance
  * should be light and sturdy

I've heard very positive things about SBK's racks. What are your
experiences with these, esp. with regard to the evils of airplane
baggage handling? Is the investment into the shock-mount variants
necessary? Any other brands worth looking at?

Thanks,

        Rainer