Re: performance looping ?

At 07:54 PM 12/11/2005, hughes.tony@gmail.com wrote:
> > I keep running into this magic number: 198 seconds.  Is it true that
> the EDP
> > only allows for 198 seconds of recorded information?  That's the main
> reason
> > I keep going back to the jamman.

what is it you are planning to do that 198 seconds of loop time would not
be enough? I'm just curious what application would need so much. I don't
think I've seen anyone running into that as a limitation in any practical
context, but maybe you maybe your pieces are really, really long...

> with two
>jamman

How would you get the loop time in jamman 2 to equal the time on jamman 1,
and do it in real time? The Digitech JamMan doesn't have any sync
features,
so I don't see how this would be possible.

>looptracks
>It
>overdub

Like others suggested, this sounds like another reason why you might want
to look at a higher-end looper. Those usually have much more display
features. You can't really expect the low end products to do everything.

kim