Re: the perfect [sic] controller

On Dec 17, 2005, at 11:17, a k butler wrote:

> Is that project still viable when we all say it has to be
> programmable by the user?

I don't necessarily say so. If not making it programmable can keep
costs down I would go with that. But that's only because I know that
most of my looping tools are software based and will let me assign
needed function to whatever controller data sent out by the physical
controller. Speaking about design, I think twelve buttons and one
pedal is optimal. Since portability is important, buttons have to be
crammed into  a small area but yet not blocking the way for other
buttons. One idea might be to look at the piano with a first row of
lower (white) buttons and a second row of higher (black") buttons.
For example, the design mistake with the Behringer FCB1010 is that
both rows of buttons are designed of the same height.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)