RE: Ramble In The Bramble for solo looped (classical) guitar

Glad you like it David. It does straddle a couple of tonalities, but I
think
they're mostly variants of Amaj7b5  and, I guess, E7. The only thing is,
they're happening at the same time (I guess it's mostly bi-tonal). The
notes
are A, B, C, C#, D, Eb, E, G, G# (there's a quickie Bb in there once, but
it's barely there). (this is over-analysis, but, since I'm thinking about
it...) the C's in there are b9s of the A, and you can have whatever opinion
you like about where the G's come from. Anything goes except (apparently)
Bb, F and F#. I don't know where it came from - I just found that cool
ostinato for the bass and then started exploiting that lovely tension
between the high open E and the E and Eb on the 2nd string. When I'm
playing
in such a sparse environment, I don't see much reason to be stuck with the
key of the ostinato... Everyone knows it's there, it's more fun to go in
and
out.

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota