Re: The Dark Age

My Akai AX80 with all of it's membrane buttons is sooo ugly and sooo 80's, and
yet I would never part with it. Maybe I can fashion some parachute pants on it...

Clint Allen

On 12/27/05, mwsmart@insightbb.com <mwsmart@insightbb.com > wrote:

> Could anyone please explain to me why the Eighties are often referred to
> as "the dark age"?
>
>       Rainer

Because it was a decade when none of the synthesizers had knobs! Even
though electronic dance music is not my main thing, I was OVERJOYED
when it came along and made it cool to have knobs again. And all
this amazing stuff like the Nord Modular, Rebirth, Reaktor, etc.

Good riddance to the Yamaha DX7's one-slider user interface.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net