Re: Zoom from my house to 38 miles above the earth

Google Earth rocks.  I've spent many an afternoon zipping around the
earth exploring.  Some interesting views:

- The Grand Canyon, but use the middle mouse button to lay the camera
down and you'll find that instead of just flat-earth satellite
imagery, they've draped the satellite photos over 3-D terrain.  You
can fly the Grand Canyon as though you were in a helicopter. :)
- The Forbidden City in Beijing.  Having a full satellite view of this
ancient bastion of hidden power means a lot to me symbolically.
- The Himalayas.  Again cool 3-D terrain.  I was looking for some
large Buddhist monasteries, but never found 'em.  I did find the Taj
Mahal, but the resolution's poor and it's little more than a white
blob.

Anyway, this is all blather for another list.  Fun program.
Todd