Re: Ableton/Reaktor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Boysen" <per@boysen.se>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:22 AM
Subject: Re: Ableton/Reaktor

> Yeah, I agree to this being one of the most exciting live looping
> techniques so far! I've been doing that for some years now but
> instead of the Reaktor Seqencer I'm setting up MIDI clips in Live
> that I send back into Live as "Remote Cotrol Data". I started doing
> it on a Mac with OS X, that has such a MIDI loop-back streaming
> option built into the operating system, but now I have also expanded
> it to Windows XP by using MIDI Yoke (thank you Jeff Larson for the
> heads up on M Yoke!).

That's what they are describing in that article. I'll have to try it that
way,
too.

> Speaking about sequencing controller data for a looper, didn't Claude
> Voit do that with EDP quite early? I'm now working on a laptop based
> system of "chained actions" that I will trigger with just one button.
> Then I play acoustic instruments to fill the loops with audio. I have
> noticed that I tend to tap dance certain chains of commands on my
> floor controller, when looping, and since I usually pull off the same
> sequences of commands I can as well automate them and focus on what
> REALLLy matters: the audio you play on instruments.

Yeah, I always do the same sequence when recording the loops in, too.
Otherwise
it's too hard to memorize the tune. Let us know how the "chained actions"
thing
turns out. Sounds similar to this Reaktor sequencer.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net/