Re:Re: Re:feedback/features/new loopers...

At 23:47 29/12/05, you wrote:
> > >  Looperlative - instant multiply (hit a
> > >button to multiply the loop by whatever multiple you've chosen - ie 4
> > >times as long - drop an event into that, knowing that it'll only come
> > >back round every four repeats) -
> >
> > :-( shame,
> > EDP type Multiply is an essential.
>
>I believe this confirms my understanding that the Looperlative LP1 will
>only
>do rounded multiply, correct? This makes sense, given the mention of
>intervals (aboe) of how long you want to extend your next loop, 4, 8, etc.
>This is indeed a "bummer" for me, because I always use unrounded multiply
>and enjoy the freedom of how long I want the new loop length to be. This
>is
>why I don't like quatiziation. I like to have total control of my looping
>output. I don't want the machine altering the time of my playing in any
>way
>or format....howeer, I also undertand that there will likely be many new
>features added to the LP1 unit, in future releases of software which I
>hear
>will be frequent.  Perhaps unrounded multiply will come out fairly
>quickly.
>It's definitely a hard requirement for me.
>
>Kris

hi Kris,

I believe (although of course I'm to some extent guessing) that there
would be a great alternative to UnRounded Mult.
Which would be to simply start another un-synced loop.

For "overdubbing" a rhythm onto a free loop that would in some ways
actually
be better, avoiding the glitch where the loop is joined.

Or are you into redefining the rhythm on an existing loop?

andy butler
www.andybutler.com