Re: foot controllers

Hi Sean,

I guess the answer to that is that there isn't yet anything "like the
FCB1010", as last weeks discussion on this board confirmed. And,
talking specifically FCB1010, the pedal does come loaded with
presets. But those are presets for some of Behringer's guitar pre
amps. If you get a FCB to use with "intelligent looping software" (as
Stefan puts it, below) the first thing you have to do is to reprogram
it to put the note numbers - starting from MIDI note number 1 - on
the one to ten buttons, spanning all ten banks. That makes a good
hundred of MIDI note number messages you can simply step on and have
the software/hardware "learn".

A device - software or hardware - can not "MIDI learn" intelligently
if sent multiple MIDI messages. This is something you also have to
look out with on the FCB, because each button does activate as many
functions as you have assigned it. What also happens when you step
that button is that all those MIDI events are sent out in a "MIDI
data cluster" and there seems to be no way to assume witch one will
be the first to hit the listening "MIDI learn" device. I don't know
how Looperlative does monitor what MIDI event is being learned, but
when I do this quick MIDI learning in Möbius or Ableton Live I call
up a MIDI monitoring window on screen to make sure the right event is
getting "MIDI learned". The other, more labour intensive, way to do
it is to work the pedal and disable every FCB "pad" (as Behringer
call the functions associated with the buttons and pedals) except for
the one you want to teach your intelligent looping device.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)