Re: Using a laptop onstage: Dominic Frasca's take

I'm sure that at least the battery, hard drive and flat panel display
will be ailing long before 20 years have passed, particularly if the
machine is being moved around a lot to various bars and whatnot.  If
you've got a dedicated music computer, then you can "freeze" it at a
certain point and stop updating the software, but part of the appeal
of computer-based solutions for many people is that the hardware can
be used for many tasks (email, word processing, etc.), not just as a
dedicated piece of audio hardware.

TravisH