Re: Frisell live gig...

On 5 jan 2006, at 02.59, ditch wrestler wrote:

> Thanks for the link to recording of the show, Steve.  Too bad I'm
> unable to get it to play or save it on my 'puter.  Anybody else
> having the same problem?

Noop. Streaming fine here in good sound fidelity. I have the free
Real Player on OSX (working fine on WinXP as well though, but my
sound card happen to be on the OS X box now, so that's where I'm
listening now). Thanks for the link Steve, I'm at the "Across The
Universe" cover now. Very enjoyable recording and performance!!!
Quite often I find it difficult to listen to guitar music performed
with "that typical jazz chorus sound" but on this gig Frisell did not
dwell in that idiom for long. It's so nice to hear partly improvising
payers that interact melodically with each other. I really like that
sparse melodic touch (not bashing into dense  "drones and loops").
Seems they use written songs as blue-prints all the time, even
bridges and choruses appear at the usual places, but they kind of
juggle things around in the way they play those themes. Very nice...
as long as you can stand the sweetness ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)