AW: Need advice for costumizable GUI monitoring software

It's possible to do something like this in SynthEdit. The registration for
this shareware product (which will run unregistered for one year) is $50.
This thing allows you to create VST plugins which can run standalone.
Downside: only Windows.

The problem here might be that (given my understanding of Live) if you
assign a MIDI controller (CC or note) to a specific controller duty within
Live (i.e. not within the specific plugin you are using), then this MIDI
message doesn't get passed to any devices (like VST plugins) you are
running
within live. Wokraround: use a (sw) MIDI patchbay.

        Rainer