WAYS TO SELL OUR SELVES: ONLINE

I'd like to propose a series of threads to collate all of the creative
ideas
about
how we can sell ourselves, both through online sales,  online promotion,
creating gigs,  creating new venues, et. al.
so that we can all use it as a resource in the future.

The thread,  CD SALES DECLINING has had some really excellent
contributions
about this phenomenon
and noone disputing the observation of the trend.    The next obvious
question is:    Given that,  how can we
maximize our sales (if we are attempting like many of us are, to be
commercially viable artists) and what creative
things can we do to create a new paradigm for surviving as a fine artist
in
this economic climate.

WAYS TO SELL OURSELVES:   ONLINE

I'd propose that we NOT discuss philosophy in this thread, but rather,
merely list resources for the purpose of quick reference in the future
for looping artists.   For the future of quick reference,  please create a
subthread if you'd like to discuss philosophy (I know, as an example, that
lot of people don't even believe in selling art at all)

Kris and others have mentioned CD Baby,  Itunes, Amazon, et. al.

Specifically, in each instance,
1) how does one contact these organizations?
2) How do they work?
3) Maybe a little critique, positive or negative about people's individual
experience with the various vendors.
4) Any other pertinent information one might think of.