Doing it the correct way (was: Putting out your CD)

On Jan 9, 2006, at 3:45, Kris Hartung wrote:

> Thanks, Jon. That UPC code is important, I think. A lot of places
> won't sell your CD unless you have it, such as Amazon. Also, local
> CD retailers love it when you have a UPC code. It's easy to get
> from CD Baby, download, and add to you CD Tray graphic.
>
> Kris

Yes, that's a good advice. It's also important to tag the CD with a
ISRC code and register the release with your local IFPI authorities.
Some digital music file web stores doesn't even take CD's for digital
resale if the ISRC code isn't there. Even though Apple is flooding
the digital music market by underpricing files at the iTunes Music
Store there is a new generation of distributors coming up. These guys
handle the logistics (like keeping an online data base and server
that serves the actual retail web shops). It's a good idea to find
out who is playing the local digital distributor agent at ones local
area before printing a thousand discs. Just to keep all doors open.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)