Prgr Change in Live (was: EDP, Live, FCB1010 Question)

On 13 jan 2006, at 21.54, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:

> You said,
>
>> Live does not only accept MIDI note numbers. CC data or PC
>> can also be used. Usuallly CC is used for stuff like sweeping
>
> How can you use PC to control Live? I remember being somewhat
> disappointed
> when I did my specific implementation 'bout one year ago. Now we've
> one full version number, but looking at the manual, I still only
> see mention
> of CC and Note data to remotely control Live.

Sorry, I wasn't completely right on that. I remembered using PC's in
a Ableton Live show once, but now when checking back at that session
it appears that Program Change can only be used with Live in the
other direction:  From a MIDI Live Clip and to some other target. But
If you have third-party effects or virtual instrument, also in Live,
you can target them if they accept PC. I was simply using different
Live Clips to control sound banks in a synth (taking advance of Lives
random scripting).

So to correct myself: MIDI note numbers and MIDI CC's is what Live
can handle as INCOMING. Then Program Change is added for OUTGOING
midi control.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)