Re: Today is "Run Your Anti-virus Software Day"

By the URL, I think he's meaning AVG Free Edition. I use that and it was
quite happy with Mobius. As am I, after a quick shot with it a couple of
nights ago :)

- Tony

Jeffrey Larson <jeff@zonemobius.com> wrote:

>On Jan 18, 2006, at 8:09 AM, John Tidwell wrote:
>
>> because one of you has cooties!
>>
>> I've just had three emails (with attachments) from
>> "Loopers-Delight-request" hit my mailbox.
>>
>> If you don't have av software, you can get it for free
>> at  http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1 .
>>

>If you're talking about Avast, I don't trust it.  Avast has been
>claiming there is a "trojan"
>in the Mobius installer for months, yet oddly enough neither Norton,
>McAfee, or any
>of the other major virus scanners finds anything.  The installer
>itself is built by
>the wildly popular NullSoft Installation System.  Someone posted on a
>KVR forum
>that the last release of Avast suddenly discovered a "trojan" in
>Adobe Acrobat.  I strongly
>suspect whatever it is finding in LD emails is a false alarm.
>
>Jeff

Fave recent sig :
Re-defeat Bush in '04 !

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.