From: Kris Hartung [mailto:khartung@cableone.net]
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 12:04 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Alesis Masterlink on Sales via eBay

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Walker" billwalker@baymoon.com

> The new stereo recorder from Roland looks great, records to CFC or CD, in
> non compressed wave files and has a couple of decent mic preamos as well.
> Bill

Must be one of these three:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productlist.aspx?ParentId=109

The R1 only offers 137 minutes of recording, and it doesn't appear to
support a memory card of any sort for swappping them out and archival. The
CD-2 is too damn big, and I don't need a CD-R burner.  The R-09 looks cool,
but it doesn't appear to have XLR input...what a drag. Plus I don't need
effects on a unit. I just need high quality recordings to a removeable
media, in wav format, so I can get to my PC and edit/master with Wavelab.

I think the Marantz is going to work better for me at this stage:
http://www.marantz.com/p_product.cfm?id=2418&cont=e&line=prd&cat=pro

It also has Digital input and output, XLR microphone inputs, unbalanced
line
input and output on cinch/rca, plus records on WAV, Broadcast Wave, MP2 or
MP3. And I like hte compact flash option. I can get a few gig of those and
be set.....has phantom power, USB for file transfer, etc, etc.

Specs/Description:

PMD670
Professional Solid State Recorder
The Marantz Professional PMD670 is our second generation solid state
recorder, recording audio directly as files to Compact Flash or Microdrive
storage formats, which can then be inserted directly into a computer for
editing and distribution. Building on the worldwide success of our first
generation recorders, we have optimized and refined our original
specification and incorporated a whole range of additional features
requested by our user base.

FEATURES
- Accepts media in Compact Flash or IBM Microdrive up to 10gb ( when
available ), allowing over 12 hours total recording time in uncompressed
stereo WAV format, and much longer in compressed MP2 or MP3.
- Records as WAV, Broadcast Wave, MP2 or MP3
- Switcheable bitrate ( 16 - 384 kbps ) and sampling frequency ( 48, 44.1,
32, 24, 22.05, 16khz ) allows the user complete control over file sizes and
audio quality.
- USB port for direct high speed file transfer and software updating
- Large LED screen shows a wide range of recording information
- Lockeable covers for setting selectors and media slot, allows pre-setup
leave users free to concentrate on recording without concerning themselves
about complex settings.
- Improved ergonomics for easier use in the field.
- Digital input and output, XLR microphone inputs, unbalanced line input
and
output on cinch/rca.
- Switcheable phantom power ( 48V )
- Automatic and manual recording level control
- Microphone filtering and limiter
- Mark points during recording and playback
- EDL playback modes
- Built in condensor microphone and loudspeaker

**For additional information about solid state recording and our
recommended
media please see the FAQ section**
**For users of Windows 98 - if you experience problems with your USB
connection please install the updated driver from our downloads page**
**For a higher resolution product sheet for the PMD670 please see the
downloads section ( 1.5MB download )**

European language user guides in pdf format are available to download from
the main product downloads section.

Kris

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7386494367&rd=1&sspagenam