RE: Roland VG8 and PEDAL STEEL SOUND

> The electric cheapo' i have right now i am using it but as soon as i
>leave
work i am going to buy one.. REEAAAL cheap. Do you have any recommendation
on the body? I dont know.. les paul type? strato? sg?

> The tunning? E9? Do you know what string to buy?

Sorry, I don't have one so I'm not the best person to get advice from.
I've
tried a real pedal steal and it's not yet for me.  The guitar must fit
comfortably in your lap with your right hand using finger picks and your
left
hand using the steel bar.

Here's a good link:
http://www.folkofthewood.com/page2471.htm