RE: Looking for a small rack preamp (Roland Gp100?)

 I owned a PSA-1 and a GP-100 (now use a GT-Pro)...I liked the GP-100
better. Not only did it do crazy effects (backward pitch-shifted loops) but
the preamp sounded better. The PSA sounded boxy, and every setting was just
a slitly EQ'd version of the last one. It would be great if you liked the
original boxy tone, but I didn't.. Maybe the new one is different. Maybe
with soumething like a Boss VF-1 for effects, it would be ok, but I just
didn't like the tone at all.

The GP-100 did clean and high gain very well. In between tones, not so
much,
but it was made in 95, which was the birth of amp modeling. The GT-Pro,
though, is an incredible box. I wish it were 1 space instead of 2. Most of
the inside is empty.

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com