Re: Looper's Essential Listening revisited:

Brook is reticent about the nuts and bolts because he had someone else
actualy design the electronics and make it work. In a mid-90s interview he
mentions a Mr X who did the electronics design. I happened to work with a
guy called X at the time, and it happened that X had asked me about how my
Ebow worked and whether he could borrow it to dismantle and reverse
engineer.

When I suggested that X was the Mr X in the interview he went bright red
and
clammed up - an interesting colour for an Asian - he wasn't permitted to do
any design work outside of his day job. So I never got to the bottom of it.
I have protected his identity as I am sure he would want me to - very much
backroom guy - and I believe he still works for that company.

One can summise that the IG must work in a very similar fashion to the
Maniac Sustainiac ( www.sustainiac.com ) and the Fernandez Infinate
Sustainer - design pinched from Maniac.

Nik