Re: Looper's Essential Listening revisited:

On 2/15/06, Luis Angulo <labalou2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> wouldnt that device be a sustaniac that mounts on the
> headstock? From what i understand The Edge also uses a
> Fernandes sustainer.

There are two types of Sustainiac. The Electro-acoustic one that
clamps to the headstock:

http://www.sustainiac.com/model-b.htm

which is the one I use and which can be moved from guitar to guitar
(and even works on electro-acoustics) and the 'Stealth' which is the
'Guitar Pickup Working Backwards' variety:

http://www.sustainiac.com/stealth.htm

and which comes in Fender and Gibson versions.

The Fernandes Sustainer is a version of the latter, though I'm not
sure exactly when or how the development 'forked'.

the electro-acoustic and electro-magnetic versions sound and act
rather differently, so it's not a simple matter to choose between
flavour of effect and convenience & tidiness of installation.