Re: Sustainiac (Was: Looper's Essential Listening revisited:)

On Feb 16, 2006, at 10:53 AM, jj 179 wrote:

> It was an extreme disappointment. The guitar itself was incredibly
> cheaply built. The Sustain didn't work very effectively at all -
> certainly **not at all** like an e-bow. I could only get the faintest
> of feedback and it sounded lousy.

well i love mine. having been an ebow player since they were first
introduced
(and still use it to this day) and also being influenced by michael
brooks'
"infinite guitar" work, i went looking for a sustainer guitar. i found
out about the
kramer, and then the fernandez. i got the elite model, so it could be a
better
build quality, and it was exactly what i was looking for. in fact, when
i picked
it up at ludlow guitars in nyc and tested it out (at very low volume)
in the store,
getting great smooth feedback with harmonic control, it drew a crowd. i
use it
all the time in my live shows, it has a great feel and a lovely floyd
rose locking
trem system.
my 2 cents
cheers
bruce

bruce tovsky
www.skeletonhome.com

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams