Re: Percussive Sounds on El. Guitar

i have no idea how to play a guitar properly but this thread inspred
me to mess around on my friend's electric. i discovered something and
i don't think anyone suggested it yet. try putting a flat, fairly wide
piece of metal right on a pickup. in my case i used a piece of hacksaw
blade. it should stick to the magnets. now you can hit it or pull it
up so it thwacks back down, or you can move it around for some weird
squeaks and bassy scratch noises. sounded really good though a zoom505
on some patch with a lot of chorus and slight delay. also if you have
an automatic modulation effect that makes for instant cheesy
electronic drum sounds.

jon/skincage