lexicon omega user needs looping help

I have tried to overdub using Pro Tracks Plus, which came with my Lexicon Omega interface a few years ago, with no success, even though I can create loops and multitracks. I notice that now it comes with Cubase. I want to be able to overdub with the Omega. I have tried to use Ambiloop as stand alone, and even though I can choose the lexicon drivers for input and output in the audio device selection, I am not able to register any signal.
I play wind instruments, percussion, keyboards, and am primarily interested in creating ambient compositions. I am a fan of Steve Roach, Steve Reich, Terry Riley, Brian Eno, etc. I think my different ethnic flutes would be awesome for looping.
I suspect that it is my ignorance of Pro Tracks that is holding me back, but I have window shopped online seriously for gadgets like Boss RC 20XL and Digitech's Jam Man.

I presently do not own an amp. I use a Shure 57 or KSM 109 to record with my Omega.

Before I splurge on hardware and amp, I would like recommendations.