Terje Rypdal's New CD - Vossabrygg

Rypdal's new CD "Vossabrygg" ("Vossa Brew") just came in the mail
today...I'm listen to it now. Wonderful, as expected. This was recorded
live
on April 12, 2003 at Vossa Jazz Festival in Norway. Here is the
kicker...this production was partially inspired by Miles Davis' "Bitches
Brew"....and you can hear the inspiration in the music, if you've spent
any
time listening to Miles' work.

The lineup: Terje Rypdal (guitar), Palle Mikkelborg (trumpet,
synthesizer),
Bugge Wesseltoft (electric piano, synthesizer), Stale Storlokken (hammon
organ, electric piano, synthesizer), Marius Rypdal (electronics, samples,
turntables), Bjorn Kjellemyr (electric and acoustic basses), Jon
Christensen
(drums), Paolo Vinaccia (drums).

This CD grooves really well, is full of improv, but has that beautiful
reverberating and ethereal guitar melody work from Terje.  The electric
piano really gives it that Bitches Brew feel as well. I still need to
finish
the CD, but I couldn't resist saying something about it now. It's
interesting to see his bother/son? on the CD too...the samples and
electronics add a nice touch to Rypdal's style.

Anyone attend this festival?

More here, and sound clips:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRQZS2/qid=1141765530/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-9952696-6731840?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

Reviews: