Re: what a loop has to say

I think Eno summarised this as a fairly simple question :

"Is the art in the paint, or is the art in the idea ?"

Of course, this isn't an "either/or", but a continuum of possibilities.

For me, the art's (mostly) in the idea. How the idea was realised is, in
many ways, not terribly relevant. Was it a loop ? Was it a room full of
musicians playing one note each every three minutes ? Who really cares ?

Having ideas without ability is awful, especially for the poor soul with
the ideas who can't realise them. Ability without ideas is differently
awful, but awful all the same.

No ideas and no ability, well ... (insert joke about your least favourite
musical genre here).

Just my tuppence worth. (Some would say I'm overcharging.)

- Tony

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.