incorporating the equipment into the gesamtkunstwerk (was:*First Post* need advice on midi sync looper)

This is one of the examples where it requires you to incorporate the tech
failures into the Gesamtkunstwerk (a term coined by Richard Wagner to
describe music, lyrics, theatre elements and everything around it becoming
one big piece of art)...I remember having a repeater dropping out of sync
during a performance while I was singing, so I started to sing lyrics about
people subjected to equipment failures and did a call and response thing
with the repeater resyncing and dropping out again...