RE: video during shows -- (was: Re: stumbling around in the dark.....)

I have a question I've been asking myself about this. I'm performing at the
Monkey next month, and it has a projection video screen. I've been
wondering
whether to duplicate my laptop display to the screen, showing the looping
software interface. I think it would be kind of cool - in a way, it's like
"form-follows-function", Bauhaus kind of thing to do. OTOH, maybe that's
just a distraction from the music, and I shouldn't overplay the
intellectual
aspects of what's going on onstage. After all, I'm not showing a display
designed to be a piece of art, it's more like watching the inner workings
of
watch. It will, though, have an obvious synchronization with sonic and
physical (footcontroller presses, etc) events. Opinions?

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota