Re: Re: tuba loopage example/samples

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Doug Cox wrote:

> Very cool, Steve!!

Thanks! I've noticed stringed instruments as common looping inputs, but
figured processed tuba was a little less common (although there's a
talented trumpet looper here, a Brian McCune, who uses an EDP to great
effect).

Luckily I have a talented tuba player friend with a background in improv
music. Not having any personal experience with brass instruments, I'm
amazed at the range of noises he can get out of what I had mistakenly
considered to be a rather limited palette instrument, before processing
ever occurs. My mistake, and I'm happy to discover I was wrong on this
:).

> Who is the tuba player?  Can you say?

A local to me friend of mine, that I'd prefer not to say until I ask him
how he likes his name tossed out to the Internet :). When we have more
recording, or a show to announce, I intend to name the other half of this
duo. More later.

best,
Steve B
http://www.subscapeannex.com/about_steve.html