Re: stutter in a pedal

Hello!

sh> some time ago, we had a little conversation about how to get live
"stutter"
sh> fx and we posted a few ideas about the sort of features we might like
in
sh> such a device...

sh> anyway...i just came across the Zvex Tremorama....which has a "random"
sh> mode...see what you think...

sh> http://www.zvex.com/tremorama.html

First of all, it's a my first message after two years of lurking. This
topic forced me to get out of hideout :-)

Because I've developed a stutter pedal some time ago being inspired by
that "little
conversation". And like to show it to list.

Here is the photos:
http://home.planetahost.ru/~firewood/images/mixmaster_web_ns.jpg
http://home.planetahost.ru/~firewood/images/mixmaster_top.jpg

This cat is about a size of Zvex's pedals, and basically being a small
active mixer|external send/return|A/B box - whatever you'll call it.

Single knob adjusting balance between dry sound/FX loop.

Two shiny buttons, latched (toggle) and momentary, mute FX loop.
Depending of mode (pre/post switch), FX loop could be muted before
send or after return. First mode useful to insert a short sample to
delay in loop, and second mode is general purpose - could be used
to blend clean and distorted sound, for example.

Curious enought, this box turn out to be a very useful gadget -
could be used as FX blender, DI-box, splitter, instrument switcher,
stutter, volume switcher (to add some gain for solo :-) ,
feedbacker (send FX loop 'out' to 'in' for beautiful & weird
sounds) ... and maybe a couple of other application.

I mostly use it to send sound into PC for software processing and
looping, and blend to dry sound. And stuttering effects, of course !

PS By the way, I'm from Moscow, Russia. Wonder if some other russian
guys reading this list :-)