Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

Per, can you remind me how you are runing mobius? Are you running it as a
standalone or inside a VST host?

After watching Jeff this last weekend here in Boise at the festival, I am
even more motivated to go 100% laptop. I'm almost there anyway. I only use
the Looperlative and the VF1 in a two space rack, then my computer for all
my tone mangling effects. In fact, I can already run 100% laptop now, by
using my two notebooks, one dedicated to just Mobius. I'm just trying to
get
everything on one notebook....I'm almost convinced that I can do it with
MAX/PSP after talking to Jeff, but getting the stability I require with
both
Mobius and all my intense VST effects on the same machine, inside the
Chainer or Energy XT VST hosts, is still dubious. It's not a processor
issue, as I'm using a screaming ThinkPad wiht the Intel duo processor,
plenty of RAM, etc. It's a systematic issue between different software
systems, yet MAX/MSP seems like a very stable and holistic system, in
which
you can write your own looping plugin to work seamlessly inside MAX/MSP
and
with other VST effects. I was amazed when Jeff indicated how processor
efficient the program was.

I don't know what is holding me back from making the
leap...fear....holding
tenaciously onto the security of hardware effects and looping, who
knows....

Kris