Re:Re: MaxMSP looping -

 I'm not a current Max user, but when I was working for Opcode I spent
some time
exploring it, and even wandering thru the source code a bit.. :) in
anycase,
it's a 'visual programming environment', and is capable of many things...
what
it is used for is entirely up to the programmer, so one could assume that
the
people who programmed the Max patches for the pieces you have heard did not
concern themselves with the rhythmic/time signature based issues...

 One of the things that is great about these type of environments is that
it's
so easy to start experimenting... which, I believe, lends itself to more
'sound/data mangling', much like tweaking parameters on fx, than 'time
based/syncronized' work... as well, I believe time-based stuff can require
more
of a 'programming' mindset, where fx based work is more about just plugging
objects together...

 It's been said here before, but writing time-critical software is not a
simple
task... tools like Max make the easy parts far easier, but the hard parts
are
still hard...

peace
-cpr