Re: MaxMSP looping -

I think most of us would agree that hardware clocks are more stable
than soft ones. It is possible to generate clock from Max, but
depending on your use, it maybe better to sync Max to a hard clock.
The VST object is stable in my experience, but it does take some
interesting messages to make it work properly (midievent 144 sound
familiar?). I have found that while there will always be hardware
latency you can optimize max/msp pretty well for sync purposes and if
you avoid gratuitous use of GUI objects and superfluous messages it
can be quite fast and responsive. One of the big CPU hogs, that I try
to avoid is the Sig~ object. While being very useful, it is not cost
effective in my own CPU / Latency budget. It's not sig's fault, it's
his job that is difficult (sort of like control to audio signal
conversion).

And still I find that I prefer the tone that comes out of Reaktor,
even when comparing something that SHOULD be identical between the 2
platforms. But that's just me and my ears. I do wish that reaktor had
the option to make nice angled cables like Max though, because i hate
the way reaktor cables get all sloppy.

- b