Re: 4/5 string bass

There might be several things that would need to be adjusted when going for string tuning or guages that the bass wasn't set-up for.  The main two are

- truss rod as different tunings will put the neck under different tension
- the slots in the nut may need to be widened or narrowed depending on the diameter of the strings

ted harms.

Andreas Wetterberg <awetterberg@post.cybercity.dk> wrote:
Charlie, I currently use my regularly tuned 6-string, and I'm quite
clueless to these weird tunings- are the F strings readily available?
hell, is it just a guitar-string? ;) Also, I'd need to have alterations
made in a shop, right?

Andreas