Re: Looperlative price...

paulrichard10@adelphia.net wrote:
> The solution, then, is to turn the technology over to, uh, ZOOM for
> maybe a cool million bucks, sell them for $599.99 then, mass produce
> them so we can get the looper elites to shut the hell up.

There is a contradiction you will never be able to come along with mass
production: individual needs.
When I compare the Max instruments I pull out for different musicians, I
am always astonished how different they are. The reactions on the LP1
are as different as that. It does fit some of our pro's needs but not
the need of every looper...
A mass product has to fit the need of the mass...absolutely no space for
individual adjustments (which would put the box back in the pricier range)
my needs are different, they only partially are the same of other
loopers, and the amount of people which actually could use such a beast
as a LP1 is about the size of this list.
Unless looping itself will become a mass musicians trend, no chance...

The only thing I could imagine is a physical part of these boxes (a
computer with converters) will turn into a mass product, and you would
have access to it for example by programming plug-ins yourself.

The receptor (http://www.museresearch.com/) and plugzilla
(http://www.plugzilla.com/) aren't mass products yet, and more expensive
than a LP1.
But as far as I know there are rumors that the receptor runs pluggo
plug-ins, which means I could turn a receptor into a looping machine
with Max. But its too expensive... Needs to get down to below $ 600,
don't forget you need to program it on top of it which translates to
some sort of extra cost (There ain't no such thing as a free lunch ;-)

Stefan

--

  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]