GI-20 and 13 pin noise!

What the hell!  When I plug the into my GI-20 I am now noticing a
large amount of noise introduced into my guitar signal!  What is up!
I just got the guitar (Godin LGXT) and GI-20 last week!  What gives.
I dont get it cause midi is data should be no noise.  Anyone got any
ideas???  I think it might be the cable.  Is this possible.  I just
dont know what else is up.  If I plug the guitar into my amp all is
fine....if I plus the GK cable into my guitar all is fine....if I than
plug the other end of that cable into the GI-20 all this noise
appears!  What is going on!!!!!!!!!!