AW: RME PCI cardbus vs Firewire

> By technical specifications the PCI (and PCMCIA cardbus)
> protocol is slightly faster than firewire 800. Firewire 400
> is a little bit faster than USB 2. But how this affects the

Only a small detail, but USB2 is a little bit faster than Firewire 400, not
vice versa. Beware however, from what I've read, the USB2 implementation on
Macs is faulty, resulting in an effective USB2 performance of about half
the
Firewire 400 data rate.

Manufacturers still seem to be reluctant when it comes to releasing pro
USB2
audio interfaces, and I guess this might be caused by the fact cited above
(anybody knows an USB2 audi interface safe for the Marian UCON?)

 > Also, some audio interfaces don't perform so well if MIDI cc
 > data is shuffled through its MIDI in/out port (as is the case
 > with my RME Multiface

Could you elaborate a little more on that? What do you have to do
specifically on the MIDI ports to get which effect on the audio ports? As I
do own a Multiface, I'm somewhat curious...

Thanks,

        Rainer