From: "Art Simon" <simart@gmail.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

Here's another possibility: a virus/worm/malware problem. I recently
noticed an application called "SlowDownCPU.exe" in my task mananger
("Hmmm, that can't be good. . ."). When I did a system scan, a worm
showed up in the BrushSyn.dll file that was (I think) part of the
Guitar distortion/preamp VSTs that were up on box.net

C:\Documents and Settings\asimon\Desktop\Kris Hartung VST\B\BrushSyn.dll
      [DETECTION] Contains signature of the worm WORM/Agobot.88433

I don't know if the two things were related, but if you had some
malware sucking up some processing power, that would explain why you
are getting clicks with the same patches that weren't clicking or
popping before.

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net