RC-50 guide restarting?

Anyone got a clue about this one? If I start the guide, get ready to
play along, when I press the record pedal the guide restarts. It's a
little disconcerting 'cause my timing isn't good enough to press
record at the precise moment the pattern dictates...

It's probably a setting somewhere, but I can't find it yet!

Other than that: received the unit this evening, and so far not much
to report other than that I'm impressed by the build quality. Seems
like a solid piece of gear.

Thanks!

Alex