Re: Is it Ableton Live - or is it me?

If you're on a Mac you can probably use MidiPipe to trigger an
applescript to control the UI and change the tempo - although I
imagine there will probably be quite significant latency.

MidiPipe: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16154
Prefab IU Browser: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/
18192
Prefab UI Actions: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/