RE: Sloppyness (was: Re: Hiromi)

--- Chris Muir <cbm@well.com> wrote:

> I think that sloppy and/or loose playing can also
> come from trying things that are on the edge of your
> ability to pull off. I really enjoy this.

That's what Hendrix sounds like to me... with a dollup
of "weooooooooooo! I'm tripping HARD!"

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TJHE but let's not even get
into chops discussion.  I only brought him up because
I felt he was a great example of someone who, while
good, wasn't incredible in terms of what we now call
"chops."  His emotion and creativity more than made up
for any "looseness" or "slop" which was my original
point.

Mark