Re: Thoughts on the Eclipse, Fireworx, G-Force, and PCM81

Hey, Kris
Didn’t I once send you a demo CD of my favorite Reaktor fx? Maybe that was the VG-8. There's a few old l-d threads about Reaktor as an FX device... And have you never checked out my 35-page pdf FX Tutorial in the Reaktor User Library? It’s in the Top 100 list. Reaktor mops the floor with all the hardware units you’ve mentioned in the routing and modulation departments. Want to make instantaneous preset (snap) changes in a multi-effect ensemble using a beat-synced step sequencer? No problem.
And where to begin with its FX modules....4 or 5???? Between the Factory Library, the User Library, and the 2 essential Instrument add-on packs, it’s more like 400 or 500! There's over 300 items in my ”Favorite Reaktor FX” folder. A smattering; search these in the UL:

Delayrium
Funny Edge
harm rezo
lil3
jambient Spectral Morph
stutter delay
MadPad
12-band delay
Amor (a Vortex simulation)
Blackbird (a poor-man's Eventide)
Pachinko
Laserbrew
Stotterer
Komplex Delay
NichePiche
GaterFX

And in the Factory Lib, don't miss Travelizer, Grainstates FX and especially Vierring; they're under Sample Transformers and Sequenced Synthesizers.

That should get you started:)
dc