Re: All Access/Echoplex/Prophesy

On Jun 25, 2006, at 8:22 AM, Donearlsto@aol.com wrote:

The Rocktron guy claims that whenever I select a Preset button the information form all the Instant Access switches is sent at the same time, and that this is the source of my problem.  He also says there is no way to avoid this.   This doesn't make sense to me, but he claims that it is impossible to select a present button and send only the information programmed to that Preset if you want to have access to the Instant Access switches.  I am sincerely hoping this is not the case.  Otherwise I will have to investigate some of the other modes, like "Song" mode I suppose.

He's wrong. If that was true, every time I change presets on the All Access my EPD would start recording! It doesn't.

At any rate, I still have the same problem as before, but have since discovered that the Echoplex will only respond to the All Access Preset buttons strangely (which I DON'T want it to do) when it is in certain configurations.   I haven't figured it all out, but thus far I have determined that if I have overdubbed anything, or have cleared the loop with a long press I am in danger, but if the echoplex has never recorded anything, I am safe.
So far I can avoid it most of the time by hitting a few extra button presses.  Or I end up hitting the undo button and getting unwanted sounds.  It still seems like there is something funky going on though, so let me know if you have any other ideas.

I would double check that you have the CC info in the All Access correct. I was having the same problem with my EDP behaving strangely, but only after certain commands. It turned out that I was using the wrong Virtual Button/Direct MIDI info. For instance, I really wanted LongUNDO, yet I had programmed UNDO. Also, make sure you've programmed every Instant Access switch with On = 1 and Off = 0 for the CC info. If you don't do this, I believe the EPD waits for the next Off message, which in this case would be the On message from the next Instant Access switch you press! Hope that makes sense.

Matt