Re: Link to Max runtime info (Was Kris's hardware FX thread)

Title: Re: Link to Max runtime info (Was Kris's hardware FX thread)
Max/MSP  uses “objects”  chained together with virtual patchcords to accomplish things.

These ‘objects’ are usually a one word name followed by a tilde (~)

Gizmo is a max/msp object which does accomplish pitchshifting.  I didn’t know about it whatsoever.  Jeff is hipping me to it here.  And therefore hipping us to it.

I said, we don’t have enough power to pitchshift, and jeff said, yep, we do, at least on a powerbook g4, 1.5 mhz.

Then he mentioned gizmo~, which is an ‘object’ in max.

Jeff then sent me a little patcher showing me how it’s used.

Yep, it sure does it.  Pitchshifting on command.  A little latency, but still, much better than anything I’ve experienced on a laptop yet.

Does that explain it David?  Wanna weigh in, jeff?  Ask more if not clear.

This is a MOST excellent thread, IMHO.

T.