RE: USB Controller (Was: FlyLooper & market potential)

Additional key value proposition are drivers and software that allow user
hook up with common apps right out of the box.  Like the presets in a
digital
multieffects pedal.  For example, you have your "Kid Beyond Ableton" preset
(called "Able Children" to avoid licensing problems) that allows you to
easily
beatbox with Ableton Live without a lot of tapdancing on the custom pedal.
But you also provide software to copy, clone and tweak the preset for the
advanced users.

Now you have a revenue model that has a good front-end load (initial sale
of
pedal and "lite" version of the tweaker software) combined with a nice long
tail (paid upgrades for software to support new versions of software and
new
sets of presets).  Alternatively, you use the Web 2.0 model and form a
consumer community around your product which provides free hacks and new
presets on an online forum.  Or you do both.

Then you branch into alternate controllers.  For example a controller with
trigger pads or buttons that you can mount on your guitar on the lower bout
without marring.  So you can trigger by finger taps or with the side of
your
hand.

Cheers,
Kevin