RE: loop quantization question

--- jeff larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com> wrote:

> And don't even think of trying to sell this in the
> $500 range, people
> expect everything short of oral sex from $500 music
> software.

Jeff, how did you know I was going to put in for this
as a feature request?  Can it sync to my VST host's
clock too?  Thanks.  What?  Me beta test it? Hm, I'll
get back to you on that.

> But I strongly advise
> that before
> you start investing thousands of dollars in
> advertising
> (or legal fees) that you have a really good idea of
> how large
> your market is, and what they're willing to pay.

Frankly, I love to pay for the software I use and to
be honest, I've already recieved more and better
support for Mobius than I have for Digital Performer
that I've probably sunk over a grand into.

I'm probably not typical though, but being a person
who makes money off his "art" I'm very sensitive to
the relationship between our culture of the dollar and
the importantce of intellectual property.  I know
dedicated hardware is on it's way out.  It's
inevitable. I still, however, want people to make me
toys.  I want those people to be able to eat, drink,
fuck and buy toys for themselves too.

I'm not sure what the new economy will do for such
things.  While Mobius might not be commercially viable
due to it's nitch market (us) could it be purchased by
a company like Ableton and become a feature in a
bigger product?  It just seems silly to me that people
would pony up $1500 for something like the
Looperlative but expect for a similarly featured
software program to be free.

That's my two cents, now get crack'n on that oral sex
feature!

Mark